Animalibus: Of Animals and Cultures
- Among the Bone Eaters Marcus Baynes-Rock, Foreword by Elizabeth Marshall Thomas
- Animal Companions Ingrid H. Tague
- Animals on Display Edited by Liv Emma Thorsen, Karen A. Rader, and Adam Dodd
- The Breathless Zoo Rachel Poliquin
- Elephant House Dick Blau and Nigel Rothfels
- Gorgeous Beasts Edited by Joan B. Landes, Paula Young Lee, and Paul Youngquist
- Picturing Dogs, Seeing Ourselves Ann-Janine Morey
- Storytelling Apes Mary Sanders Pollock
About this Series
Susan B. McHugh
Animalibus: Of Animals and Cultures is an exciting new book series, edited by historian Nigel Rothfels, and published by the Pennsylvania State University Press. Books in the series will share a fascination not only with the importance of animals in human life, but also with how thinking about animals can give us insights into human cultures, in different temporal and geographical contexts. Moreover, they will represent a wide range of disciplinary perspectives in the humanities and social sciences, including history, anthropology, social and cultural geography, environmental studies, and literary and art criticism. Books in the series will be known for original research and innovative analysis; they will demonstrate an awareness of the existing literature in animal studies; they will eschew disciplinary-specific jargon to serve a wide range of audiences; and they will have a clear focus on learning something new about human cultures.
Click here to download a PDF about the series and series submissions.
Sign up for e-mail notifications about new books and catalogs!