Magic in History Series
New and Bestselling Books from this Series
Magic in the Cloister
The Transformations of Magic
- Alchemical Belief by Bruce Janacek
- The Bathhouse at Midnight by W.F. Ryan
- Battling Demons by Michael D. Bailey
- Binding Words by Don C. Skemer
- Conjuring Spirits by Claire Fanger
- Forbidden Rites by Richard Kieckhefer
- The Fortunes of Faust by Elizabeth M. Butler
- Icons of Power by Naomi Janowitz
- Invoking Angels edited by Claire Fanger
- Magic in the Cloister by Sophie Page
- Prayer, Magic, and the Stars in the Ancient and Late Antique World edited by Scott B. Noegel, Joel Thomas Walker, and Brannon M. Wheeler, eds.
- Ritual Magic by Elizabeth M. Butler
- Spiritual and Demonic Magic by D. P. Walker
- Strange Revelations by Lynn Wood Mollenauer
- The Transformations of Magic by Frank Klaassen
- Unlocked Books by Benedek Láng
About this Series
The Magic in History series explores the role magic and the occult have played in European culture, religion, science, and politics. Titles in the series bring the resources of cultural, literary, and social history to bear on the history of the magic arts, and contribute towards an understanding of why the theory and practice of magic have elicited fascination at every level of European society. Volumes include both editions of important texts and significant new research in the field. Sponsored by the Societas Magica.
Sign up for e-mail notifications about new books and catalogs!