New and Bestselling from this Subject
- Wolensky, Robert P., ed.
Sewn in Coal Country (2020)
- van Klinken, Adriaan
Kenyan, Christian, Queer (2020)
- Arrington, Aminta, with a foreword by Brian Stanley
Songs of the Lisu Hills (2020)
- Ellwanger, Adam, with a foreword by Pat J. Gehrke
- Johnson, Timothy
Rhetoric, Inc. (2020)
- Werner, Maggie M.
- Frankel, Steven, and Martin D. Yaffe, eds.
Civil Religion in Modern Political Philosophy (2020)
- Flores, Lisa A.
Deportable and Disposable (2020)
- Carreira da Silva, Filipe and Mónica Brito Vieira
The Politics of the Book (2019)
- Brittain, Christopher Craig and Andrew McKinnon
The Anglican Communion at a Crossroads (2018)
- Mokoko Gampiot, Aurélien, translated by Cécile Coquet-Mokoko
- Kriebel, David W.
Powwowing Among the Pennsylvania Dutch (2016)
- Shepherd, Gary, and Gordon Shepherd
Binding Earth and Heaven (2016)
- Boromisza-Habashi, David
Speaking Hatefully (2016)
- Reid, Jennifer
Finding Kluskap (2016)
- Bergo, Bettina and Tracey Nicholls, eds.
“I Don’t See Color” (2016)
- Olson, Christa J.
Constitutive Visions (2016)
- Hartelius, E. Johanna, ed.
The Rhetorics of US Immigration (2016)
- Shefner, Jon, and Patricia Fernández-Kelly, eds.
Globalization and Beyond (2015)
- Ben-Ishai, Elizabeth
Fostering Autonomy (2015)
- Baynes-Rock, MarcusForeword by Elizabeth Marshall Thomas
Among the Bone Eaters (2015)
- Levy, Daniel, and Natan Sznaider
Human Rights and Memory (2014)
- Caws, Peter, and Stefani Jones, eds.
Religious Upbringing and the Costs of Freedom (2014)
- Zimmerman, Julie N., and Olaf F. Larson
Opening Windows onto Hidden Lives (2014)
- Canel, Eduardo
Barrio Democracy in Latin America (2014)
- Smith, Kristin E., and Ann R. Tickamyer, eds.
Economic Restructuring and Family Well-Being in Rural America (2014)
- Epstein, William M.
Democracy Without Decency (2013)
- Dosh, Paul, Photographs by James Lerager
Demanding the Land (2013)
- Lockhart, Charles, and Jean Giles-Sims
Aging Across the United States (2013)
- Trevizo, Dolores
Rural Protest and the Making of Democracy in Mexico, 1968–2000 (2013)
- Thomas, Gwynn
Contesting Legitimacy in Chile (2013)
- Byrnes, Joseph F.
Catholic and French Forever (2012)
- Johnson, Emily D.
How St. Petersburg Learned to Study Itself (2012)
- Pickering, Kathleen, Mark H. Harvey, Gene F. Summers, and David Mushinski
Welfare Reform in Persistent Rural Poverty (2012)
- Chen, Cheng
The Prospects for Liberal Nationalism in Post-Leninist States (2012)
- Carruyo, Light
Producing Knowledge, Protecting Forests (2012)
- Vergara, Angela
Copper Workers, International Business, and Domestic Politics in Cold War Chile (2012)
- Hornblum, Allen M.
Sentenced to Science (2012)
- Sack, Allen L.
Counterfeit Amateurs (2012)
- Shefner, Jon
The Illusion of Civil Society (2012)
- Dowling, William C.
Confessions of a Spoilsport (2012)
- Desan, Suzanne, and Jeffrey Merrick, eds.
Family, Gender, and Law in Early Modern France (2012)
- Owens, Lynn
Cracking Under Pressure (2012)
- Shlapentokh, Vladimir and Joshua Woods
Feudal America (2012)
- Daniel, G. Reginald
Machado de Assis (2012)
- Ondetti, Gabriel
Land, Protest, and Politics (2011)
- Rosa, Hartmut, and William E. Scheuerman, eds.
High-Speed Society (2011)
- Cervantes-Rodríguez, Margarita
International Migration in Cuba (2011)
- Brown, Theodore L.
Imperfect Oracle (2011)
- Enríquez, Laura J.
Reactions to the Market (2011)
- Bonanno, Alessandro, and Douglas H. Constance
Stories of Globalization (2010)
- Schafft, Kai A., and Alecia Youngblood Jackson, eds.
Rural Education for the Twenty-First Century (2010)
- Karapin, Roger
Protest Politics in Germany (2009)
- Teske, Nathan
Political Activists in America (2009)
- Drogus, Carol Ann and Hannah Stewart-Gambino
Activist Faith (2008)
- Griffith, David
American Guestworkers (2008)
- Carnaghan, Ellen
Out of Order (2008)
- Wright, Wynne, and Gerad Middendorf, eds.
The Fight Over Food (2008)
- Lind, Amy
Gendered Paradoxes (2007)
- Haber, Paul Lawrence
Power from Experience (2007)
- Allen, Patricia
Together at the Table (2007)
- Farago, Claire, and Donna Pierce
Transforming Images (2006)
- Fernández-Kelly, Patricia and Jon Shefner, eds.
Out of the Shadows (2006)
- Campbell, Hugh, Michael Mayerfeld Bell, and Margaret Finney, eds.
Country Boys (2006)
- Turner, Bryan S.
Vulnerability and Human Rights (2006)
- Pierson, Christopher
Beyond the Welfare State?: Third Edition (2006)
- Verbeek, Peter-Paul
What Things Do (2005)
- Bell, Michael Mayerfeld
Farming for Us All (2004)
- Morton, Margaret
Glass House (2004)
- Lockhart, Charles
Protecting the Elderly (2003)
- Larson, Olaf F., and Julie N. Zimmerman, assisted by Edward O. Moe
Sociology in Government (2003)
- Centeno, Miguel Ángel
Blood and Debt (2003)
- Pilkington, Hilary, Elena Omel’chenko, Moya Flynn, Ul’iana Bliudina, and Elena Starkova
Looking West? (2003)
- Williams, Linda Faye
The Constraint of Race (2003)
- Wolensky, Kenneth C., Nicole H. Wolensky, Robert P. Wolensky
Fighting for the Union Label (2002)
- Brown, David L., and Louis E. Swanson, eds.
Challenges for Rural America in the Twenty-First Century (2002)
- McMurry, Sally
From Sugar Camps to Star Barns (2001)
- Davis, F. James
Who Is Black?: 10th Anniversary Edition (2001)
- Lichbach, Mark I., and Adam B. Seligman
Market and Community (2000)
- Bauman, John F., Roger Biles, and Kristin Szylvian, eds.
From Tenements to the Taylor Homes (2000)
- Rangaswamy, Padma
Namasté America (2000)
- Halpern, Joel M. and David A. Kideckel, eds.
Neighbors at War (2000)
- Narayan, Uma, and Julia J. Bartkowiak, eds.
Having and Raising Children (1999)
- Griffith, David
The Estuary’s Gift (1999)
- Robinson, John and Geoffrey Godbey
Time for Life: Second Edition (1999)
- Hardwick, Julie
The Practice of Patriarchy (1998)
- Wanner, Catherine
Burden of Dreams (1998)
- Parker, D. S.
The Idea of the Middle Class (1998)
- Walsh, Edward J., Rex Warland, and D. Clayton Smith
Don’t Burn it Here (1997)
- Davis, David Brion, ed.
Antebellum American Culture (1997)
- Johnson, James Turner
The Holy War Idea in Western and Islamic Traditions (1997)
- Mattson, Kevin
Creating a Democratic Public (1997)
- Raffel, Marshall W., ed.
Health Care and Reform in Industrialized Countries (1997)
- Centeno, Miguel Ángel
Democracy Within Reason: Second Edition (1997)
- Irwin, William
The New Niagara (1996)
- Rappaport, George David
Stability and Change in Revolutionary Pennsylvania (1996)
- Daun, Åke
Swedish Mentality (1996)
- Noble, Thomas F. X., and Thomas Head, eds.
Soldiers of Christ (1995)
- Scales-Trent, Judy
Notes of a White Black Woman (1995)
- Bouton, Cynthia A.
The Flour War (1994)
- Bunck, Julie Marie
Fidel Castro and the Quest for a Revolutionary Culture in Cuba (1994)
- Farnsley, Arthur Emery, II.
Southern Baptist Politics (1994)
- Kubik, Jan
The Power of Symbols Against the Symbols of Power (1994)
- Mazlish, Bruce
A New Science (1993)
- Eggert, Gerald G.
Harrisburg Industrializes (1992)
- Rhoads, John K.
Critical Issues in Social Theory (1991)
- Raffel, Burton
Artists All (1991)
- Weisburd, David
Jewish Settler Violence (1989)
- Wegs, J. Robert
Growing Up Working Class (1988)