New and Bestselling from this Subject
- Bellion, Wendy
Iconoclasm in New York (2021)
- Wiggin, Bethany, ed.
Babel of the Atlantic (2021)
- Merrick, Jeffrey, ed.
Sodomites, Pederasts, and Tribades in Eighteenth-Century France (2021)
- Healey, Robynne Rogers, ed.
Quakerism in the Atlantic World, 1690–1830 (2021)
- Simpson-Younger, Nancy L. and Margaret Simon eds.
Forming Sleep (2021)
- Frankel, Steven, and Martin D. Yaffe, eds.
Civil Religion in Modern Political Philosophy (2021)
- Pizzigoni, Caterina, and Camilla Townsend
Indigenous Life After the Conquest (2021)
- Few, Martha, Zeb Tortorici, and Adam Warren. Translated by Nina M. Scott.
Baptism Through Incision (2020)
- Browne, Stephen Howard
The First Inauguration (2020)
- Erben, Patrick M., ed.; Alfred L. Brophy and Margo M. Lambert, associate eds.
The Francis Daniel Pastorius Reader (2019)
- Zanardi, Tara
Framing Majismo (2019)
- Hoffmann, Benjamin, Translated by Alan J. Singerman
Posthumous America (2019)
- Gordon, Scott Paul, ed.
The Letters of Mary Penry (2019)
- Cope, Rachel and Zachary McLeod Hutchins, eds.
The Writings of Elizabeth Webb (2019)
- Mattfeld, Monica
Becoming Centaur (2018)
- Ireland, Owen S.
Sentiments of a British-American Woman (2018)
- Bever, Edward and Randall Styers, eds.
Magic in the Modern World (2018)
- Tautz, Birgit
Translating the World (2018)
- Strom, Jonathan
German Pietism and the Problem of Conversion (2018)
- Tague, Ingrid H.
Animal Companions (2017)
- Fraser, Elisabeth A.
Mediterranean Encounters (2017)
- McPherson, Heather
Art and Celebrity in the Age of Reynolds and Siddons (2017)
- Faull, Katherine M., ed., trans.
Speaking to Body and Soul (2017)
- Kliger, Ilya
The Narrative Shape of Truth (2016)
- Ansart, Guillaume
- Parks, A. Franklin
William Parks (2016)
- Byrnes, Joseph F.
Priests of the French Revolution (2016)
- Peucker, Paul
A Time of Sifting (2016)
- de Lezay-Marnésia, Claude-François Edited with an introduction by Benjamin HoffmannTranslated by Alan J. Singerman
Letters Written from the Banks of the Ohio (2016)
- Potocki, Ignacy, edited and translated by Carolyn C. Guile
Remarks on Architecture (2016)
- Milroy, Elizabeth
The Grid and the River (2016)
- Spencer, Mark G., ed.
David Hume (2015)
- Prévost, Abbé, translated with an introduction by Alan J. Singerman, with a foreword by Jean Sgard
The Greek Girl's Story (2015)
- Choudhury, Mita
The Wanton Jesuit and the Wayward Saint (2015)
- Rohrer, S. Scott
Jacob Green’s Revolution (2015)
- Sachse, Julius Friedrich
The German Pietists of Provincial Pennsylvania (2015)
- Heckewelder, John Gottlieb Ernestus
History, Manners, and Customs of the Indian Nations Who Once Inhabited Pennsylvania and the Neighbouring States (2015)
- Minor, Heather Hyde
Piranesi’s Lost Words (2015)
- Harsanyi, Doina Pasca
Lessons from America (2014)
- Cochran, Elizabeth Agnew
Receptive Human Virtues (2014)
- Hruschka, John
How Books Came to America (2014)
- Taws, Richard
The Politics of the Provisional (2014)
- Johns, Christopher M. S.
The Visual Culture of Catholic Enlightenment (2014)
- Egle, William Henry
Some Pennsylvania Women During the War of the Revolution (2014)
- Wilson, David B.
Seeking Nature's Logic (2013)
- Shapiro, Barry M.
Traumatic Politics (2013)
- Walton, Charles, ed.
Into Print (2013)
- Thomas, Robin L.
Architecture and Statecraft (2013)
- Stievermann, Jan and Oliver Scheiding, eds.
A Peculiar Mixture (2013)
- Hanson, Paul R.
The Jacobin Republic Under Fire (2012)
- Dewald, Jonathan
Lost Worlds (2012)
- Smith, Jay M., ed.
The French Nobility in the Eighteenth Century (2012)
- Hafter, Daryl M.
Women at Work in Preindustrial France (2012)
- Yonan, Michael
Empress Maria Theresa and the Politics of Habsburg Imperial Art (2011)
- McLeod, Jane
Licensing Loyalty (2011)
- Rasmussen, Dennis C.
The Problems and Promise of Commercial Society (2009)
- Fitzsimmons, Michael P.
The Night the Old Regime Ended (2006)
- Tackett, Timothy
Becoming a Revolutionary (2006)
- Smith, Hilda L.
All Men and Both Sexes (2002)
- Ranum, Orest
Paris in the Age of Absolutism: Revised and Expanded Edition (2002)
- Snyder, Charles McCool, John W. Downie, and Lois Kalp
Union County, Pennsylvania (2001)
- Censer, Jack R. and Lynn Hunt
Liberty, Equality, Fraternity (2001)
- Crubaugh, Anthony
Balancing the Scales of Justice (2001)
- Selwyn, Pamela E.
Everyday Life in the German Book Trade (2000)
- Adams, Christine
A Taste for Comfort and Status (1999)
- Higgins, Kathleen J.
“Licentious Liberty” in a Brazilian Gold-Mining Region (1999)
- Chambers, Sarah C.
From Subjects to Citizens (1999)
- Wokeck, Marianne S.
Trade in Strangers (1999)
- Lehmann, Hartmut, Hermann Wellenreuther, and Renate Wilson, eds
In Search of Peace and Prosperity (1999)
- Adams, Christine, Jack R. Censer, and Lisa Jane Graham, eds.
Visions and Revisions of Eighteenth-Century France (1997)
- Buccini, Stefania
The Americas in Italian Literature and Culture, 1700–1825 (1996)
- Markoff, John
The Abolition of Feudalism (1996)
- Bouton, Cynthia A.
The Flour War (1994)
- Gildrie, Richard P.
The Profane, the Civil, and the Godly (1994)
- Anderson, Thornton
Creating the Constitution (1993)
- Craft-Fairchild, Catherine
Masquerade and Gender (1993)